Saturday, March 13, 2010

5 months and still going

It has been 5 months and still going at KS. It has been very interesting. It has been nice having less responsibilities, but I think I miss some of the over arching things that drive a program or decision-making.

I do know that my cobweb rusty technology skills have reinvigorated themselves. I remember what it was like teaching web design and now having to do it since being out of the classroom the past few years is an awakening.

I am trying to figure out my purpose being at KSDL and what can I contribute to individuals there as well as the programs - goals and initiatives. I have come to some conclusions, but I think I will wait till I post that up here and observe a little more.

The team is dynamic. It's nice to be working with a group of "mutants" as a former Tokioka award winning DOE principal once called me and some of my friends. It is rare to find a group that you can mesh with and push forward the bar even when you achieve it and start to exceed it.

I am remembering to keep an open mind, be humble, and observant. These are the areas that I would like to use to learn about where I fit in the mix and what I can bring to the table with my prior experiences and knowledge. But, also what can I learn and gain.


No comments:

Post a Comment